On Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 8 PM at The St. George Theater on Staten Island, The Harbor Lights Theater Company presented Stephen Schwartz—Making Music, which chronicled the career journey of an artist whose early success and later disappointment ultimately ends in triumph.
Directed and choreographed by Chet Walker (Co-creator of the Tony Award-winning Broadway show Fosse and Founder of WALKERDANCE), this dramatic story features some of Schwartz’s most memorable music from shows including Godspell, Pippin, The Baker’s Wife, Children of Eden, and Wicked. Book by The Harbor Lights Co-Founder Tamara Jenkins.
- Malcolm Gets [Dreamgirls, Passion, Amour (Tony and Obie nominations); Two Gentlemen of Verona (Obie); Merrily We Roll Along (Obie); and TV’s Caroline in the City and Grey Gardens];
- Teri Ralston(Company, A Little Night Music, The Baker’s Wife);
- Pia Glenn[You’re Welcome, Mr. President (2009 Astaire Award), The Frogs, Spamalot)];
- Kristy Cates (Wicked, Jerry Springer The Musical);
- Darius De Haas(Rent, Carousel, Kiss Of The Spiderwoman, Marie Christine, Running Man(Obie)];
- Ann Kittredge [King David, Pajama Game (Encores), New Moon (Encores)];
- Jay Montgomery (Falsettos, Heart Strings); Harbor Lights co-founder
- Desmond Richardson(Artistic Director and founder of Complexions, former Alvin Ailey star, Fosse);
- Chet Walker’s WALKERDANCE;
A audience full of theater fans attended the event to support The Harbor Lights Theater Company, Staten Island’s new, not-for-profit, professional theater company.
For more information go to www.theharborlightstheatercompany.org